There is a particular outdoor location in Mumbai on the Patel Bridge at Marine Drive that charges nearly Rs. 30 Lakhs for a ten-day display of an ad. Even at such cost, the site has a long waiting list of brands wanting to get on-board.
The question is, in today’s times when the whole world is gung ho about the web, what makes DOOH go strong? It’s a no-brainer. DOOH combines the best of both the worlds.
At Khurana Brand and Communications, we have multiple clients who prefer DOOH over other media when it comes to visibility. As is the case with the Patel Bridge site, no other media is able to replicate the sheer reach and eyeballs, and hence the premium pricing and long wait list.
With the advent of digital media, while critics were writing obituaries for OOH, the industry introduced its next generation: Digital OOH. The flex banner (on which the message was printed and then mounted) got thrown out of the window to be promptly replaced with giant LED screens. The reason is not difficult to guess.
DOOH comes empowered with:
- Speed to market: The brand communication gets released across all sites in a jiffy.
- Action in motion pictures: With DOOH, motion pictures achieve greater engagement.
- Low cost: DOOH has summarily done away with printing and mounting of the flex media.
- Quick message changes: You can change your communication in an instant, or run several simultaneously through split screen technology. Imagine the advantage that brands like #Amul can get with their topical ads.
- Use Artificial Intelligence to multiply the impact: Bespoke advertisements have now become possible, so each viewer gets a personalised ad.
The best news is – DOOH integrates all forms of conventional media – mobile, streaming video, even static images in an innovative, effortless way for a customer win over.
Do you have an opinion? Then write into you. We eagerly await your comments.